Skip to main content

Am I able to sue Cumberland Farms for fountain soda addiction?

South Dartmouth, MA |

I was employed by the company, and as an employee, I was allowed as much free fountain soda as I wanted.
I do not work there any longer.
Due to this, I have been EXTREMELY addicted to their diet coke fountain soda since then, and this has been over four years! I do not drink any other fluids besides this!
They also allow any size cup or container all for the same price. I bring my own very large cup from 7'eleven to Cumberlands to fill up at least three times a day, and I'm known well at each store from this addiction!
It's very unhealthy for me, but I am beyond hooked to this stuff due to it being provided free when I worked for them

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6




Of course not! It's not harmful to your health, although some would argue otherwise, and no one forced you to drink it. Try cutting down each day and go from there. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.


You likely do not have a cause of action against Cumberland farms.

The foregoing answer does not establish an attorney client relationship, is not confidential, and should not be relied upon in place of an actual consultation with an attorney. Attorney Samiotes is licensed to practice in Massachusetts, the Federal District Court of Massachusetts, and the Court of International Trade. Most initial consultations are free. Further information is available on my profile and at


This has got to be an April Fool joke. I should include you in my annual April Fool column, "Fools In The Law". See Blue Link Below:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


I like the way you think. Any more ideas?


No, you can not sue. This is a subject for a mental health professional. You should seek treatment from a mental health counselor or nutritionist specializing in food addiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer