Am i able to submit the i290b for a family member even though i was not on the original application?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

My brother filed for residency through his marriage, however she does not make enough income to file. she got denied and now they want to supmit a motions i290b. I can submit information as far as me sponsoring him and maybe they will reconsider the application , however what are the chances of that really working out.

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

1

Answered . a 290B may not be the best or cheapest wayt to go
    There could be other options
    I would hire a lawyer to help this time around

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. It would be cheaper to go with an experienced attorney to make sure it is done right and there will be no need for appeals, motion to reconsider, deportation defense - all costly. Then there are those filing fees.
    You do not provide enoguh information to advise you on the best way to proceed from this point forward.

3. Robert West

1

Answered . If the income is not there, the motion is a waste of money. No, only the person affected or the attorney can submit.

4. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Make sure to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to advice you what option will be best for you based on your circumstances. Make sure you do not delay it, because you have a deadline of 33 days, if the notice was mailed to you, to file I-290B.