Am i able to submit the i290b for a family member even though i was not on the original application?

San Antonio, TX |

My brother filed for residency through his marriage, however she does not make enough income to file. she got denied and now they want to supmit a motions i290b. I can submit information as far as me sponsoring him and maybe they will reconsider the application , however what are the chances of that really working out.

1. a 290B may not be the best or cheapest wayt to go
    There could be other options
    I would hire a lawyer to help this time around

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. I agree with my colleague. It would be cheaper to go with an experienced attorney to make sure it is done right and there will be no need for appeals, motion to reconsider, deportation defense - all costly. Then there are those filing fees.
    You do not provide enoguh information to advise you on the best way to proceed from this point forward.

3. If the income is not there, the motion is a waste of money. No, only the person affected or the attorney can submit.

4. I agree with my colleagues. Make sure to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to advice you what option will be best for you based on your circumstances. Make sure you do not delay it, because you have a deadline of 33 days, if the notice was mailed to you, to file I-290B.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.