Am I able to get this driving with a revoked license off my record?

Raleigh, NC |

I was recently pulled over by the police with a speeding ticket, come to find out my license was revoked. I had a ticket 3 years ago that gotten dismissed. I don't understand why i have a revoked license if my case was dismissed. Can i beat this case? I will be getting an attorney. I dont't want something that I feel shouldn't be there on my record. Can this come off?

The goal with a DWLR like yours is a dismissal. Based on what you've said you could possibly have the case dismissed with help from a local attorney. A local attorney can also help you clean up the ticket that caused your license to be suspended in the first place. A PJC is another option that could be available. I practice in the area and would be happy to speak with you about your case. You can reach me through my profile.

Raleigh criminal defense lawyer Wiley Nickel defends people charged with crimes in Wake County, North Carolina. The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC serves clients in Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville & Apex. The information provided on is for educational purposes only and is not intended to form a client/lawyer relationship. The responses posted on this site should not be relied upon as the specific facts may change the potential advice. Consult with a licensed Raleigh criminal attorney or Wake County speeding ticket lawyer in your area about your legal questions or problems. For a free consultation about a Wake County, NC case call our office any time at (919) 585-1486.

You need to find out the underlying reason for the revocation. Usually it is because a person missed a court date. An attorney can look at your record and advise you on how to clear it up and take care of the DLWR.

I agree with Mr. Sullivan. You first need to get to the bottom of the revocation and handle the underlying issue. Once that is done, you should be able to get the DWLR dismissed and take care of the current speeding ticket. Good luck to you.

<a href="">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.

Make sure you find an experienced traffic/criminal attorney who deals with DMV and complicated driving records on a routine basis. As you've seen, a traffic ticket that isn't handled correctly (including checking with DMV after the case is over to make sure there are no lingering problems) can cause a substantial headache down the road. Driving on a revoked license - even if the revocation is a mistake - can get you arrested. If you're convicted, you can receive up to 120 days in jail, and your license will be suspended for an additional year. Some folks who wait too long to fix the problem wind up in a downward spiral of revocations and are never able to get their license back.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should seek a full consultation with a licensed attorney before relying on any advice offered through this website.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets