Am I able to get pardons for misdemeanors that are in another state if I don't live there anymore?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I am trying to get pardons, and again I no longer live in the state where the crimes were committed.

1. Patrick Erney Maher

Pro

3

1

Answered . You should check with an experienced attorney in the State where you are seeking a pardon. I cannot imagine that residency would bar an application for a pardon, but the best way to find out is to inquire with the particular State

2. Scott R. Scherr

1

1

Answered . Yes, you can get a pardon in another state even if you do not live there anymore. You should contact an attorney in that state. If it was a state other than Maryland, you could consider posting in the AVVO forum for that state. Every state's laws are different.

3. Daniel J Wright

Pro

1

Answered . Normally residence is not a requirement. I would suspect it doesn't hurt, though.