Am I a US citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I have been a legal resident since 1988. My father naturalized in in 1988 also. I was 10 years old at the time. Would that make me a US citizen?

1. Gabriela Monserrat Lopez Arcos

7

1

Answered . Perhaps. It depends on a variety of factors. Where you in your father's custody at the time? Where you already a permanent resident and residing in the U.S. before you father naturalized?
    If you qualify under the statute you can apply for a certificate of citizenship. Contact an immigration attorney in your area to help you determine how to move forward.
    Good Luck!

Gabriela M. Lopez, Esq.
    www.landerhomlawoffice.com

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

6

Answered . It depends. More information is required to answer your question.

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

1

Answered . Cannot be determined on the facts posted.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Kara Lien Roberts

5

1

Answered . There is a chance you may have (but might depend on your mother also naturalizing and/or other factors). This may help answer your question: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/A4en.pdf

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . You might be. You may want to consult with an attorney as the law is quite complex on this issue..