Am I a convicted felon?

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Hi, thank you in advance for anwering my question. I was arrested in 2002 for grand theft, 3rd degree in Miami, Florida. This was my first offence. I was in jail for less than 24hr,and I was bailed out for 500.00. I went to court, and the judge ordered me to serve 100hr community service, In addition ,I had to do a course. I did not served any time in jail after I was bailed out. I can vote and I have served in jury duty after this incident. I exponge my record about 4 years ago. I am concidered a felon or not. Thank you. jose.

You may have been given deferred adjudication. You should call the clerk's office and ask them if a dismissal was ever entered in your case. If so, you haven't been convicted.

Disclaimer: the legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship.

The only way that you could expunge your record would be if the charges were dismissed.

Therefore, it seems as though you must have entered into a pre-trial diversion program and then you must have successfully completed it and got your charges dismissed (nolle prossed).

If your charges were dismissed and your case was expunged then you are definitely not a convicted felon.

Check the link below to see if your case still shows up. If it was expunged then it should not appear.

Best of luck.

thank you for clarifying my doubts.