Am i eligable for the deferred action if i have a misdeminor for shoplifting worth around $100? I do meet all the other require

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

this happend 5 years ago and is the only thing i have in my record since i lived here for 17 years.I was in jail for a couple of hours and paid all the court fees but was not able to be removed from record???help please!!!

1. Javier E Morales

1

Answered . To be on the safe side you should take your criminal documents and dispositions to an attorney for review.

If its just a petty theft you'll still be eligible provided you meet the other requirements (keep in mind the deferral is still discretionary)

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . One would need to review the court disposition to make that determination.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

3. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . talk to an immigration lawyer .. bring your conviction record

http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/2012/06/defer...