Am i eligable for the deferred action if i have a misdeminor for shoplifting worth around $100? I do meet all the other require

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Deferred action

this happend 5 years ago and is the only thing i have in my record since i lived here for 17 years.I was in jail for a couple of hours and paid all the court fees but was not able to be removed from record???help please!!!

1. To be on the safe side you should take your criminal documents and dispositions to an attorney for review.

If its just a petty theft you'll still be eligible provided you meet the other requirements (keep in mind the deferral is still discretionary)

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.

2. talk to an immigration lawyer .. bring your conviction record

http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/2012/06/deferred-action-what-you-need-to-know.html

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. One would need to review the court disposition to make that determination.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.