Am facing deportation but can I get get my my work permit back. It was denied on 2008, now its 2013.

Asked over 1 year ago - Spring Valley, NY

My charge is criminal sales of Marijuana .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stanley P. Walker

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You're going to need to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer - and you should really be focused on whether you're going to be able to remain in the country or literally be banished from the kingdom rather than whether you can tempoarily get work authorization. You can search for a lawyer (and narrow your search for removal/deportation defense) at Good luck to you.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Are you wanting to work before you get deported?

    Sorry, there are no work permits for people in removal/deportation proceedings.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

The process of deportation

The deportation process can be long and frustrating, but there are some important things to remember as you navigate the immigration courts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,461 answers this week

2,670 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,461 answers this week

2,670 attorneys answering