Am faceing charges of use a credit card the total an mount was spent was 7,900 dollars

Tallahassee, FL |

The card was use 91 times at different stores I do have a record but nothing to do with gran theft or credit card fraud just driving traffic tickets

1. If you are facing criminal charges you need a criminal defense attorney. I'm not certain the question belongs under bankruptcy. Of course you are presumed innocent until proven otherwise, but bankruptcy is not the way to go if there are questions regarding the use of the credit card. I'm re posting this to the criminal defense category so that those attorneys can address your issues. Do not file bankruptcy without an attorney, and without disclosing all of the facts and circumstances of this issue and all of your finances. Here's more: BLUE LINK BELOW

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

2. Is there a question lurking somewhere in this post? Bankruptcy can discharge honest debt but if you did not make the charges the debt is not yours.

Posting questions anonymously and receiving general answers do not substitute for consulting with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction in which you live. Answers posted here by Kevin C Gleason are only intended for general education of the public on legal matters. Please consult a qualified professional before deciding what to do about your situation.

3. Unless (and to some extent even though you may be able to) you can repay the $7,900.00 quickly then you are in a world of trouble. You are facing multiple counts of theft (grand or petit), fraud and possibly a scheme to defraud.

I have 3 pieces of advise for you:

1) Start socking away money. Beg and borrow if you have to but you will need to gather restitution monies if you do not have them, not to mention legal fees.

2) Do not post anything else about what you did or did not do in this matter on-line. Anything that you post on Avvo (or similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, and as this is an open forum there is no attorney client privilege attached, so be careful (forewarned is forearmed.)

3) Get yourself into a Tallahassee criminal defense attorney's office as soon as possible. Although I practice primarily in Miami-Dade County you are welcome to contact my office for a referral or two, or you can search the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers website by locality (please see http://www.facdl.org/ - and click on the "Find A Lawyer" tab).

Either way best of luck!

No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A on Avvo. Anything that you post on Avvo (or similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, and as this is an open forum there is no attorney client privilege attached, so be careful (forewarned is forearmed.)

4. Consult a local criminal law attorney ASAP!! - many offer free initial consultations. Can locate a local attorney right here on AVVO by using the tab "Find A Lawyer"

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

5. Based on what you have posted and filling in the blanks, it would seem that you may have multiple felony charges for illegal use of credit cards and related theft or fraud charges. You are going to need an attorney to assist you. Call a local criminal defense attorney today. Do not speak to the police or any other type of investigator unless you have retained an attorney and that attorney instructs you to do so.

6. If you are facing criminal charges, then you need to speak with a criminal defense attorney. Many, including myself, provide free consultations.

Sincerely,
    Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
    Tge Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.
    Office: 904-438-8082

Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq. is an attorney with The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A. He offers free consultations 24/7. Andrew's posting here is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

7. Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. Do not post anything online about the facts as it may be used against you. Do NOT talk to the police. I recommend the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorney's website for finding a criminal defense lawyer in the area you are being charged. Good luck.

Credit card fraud topics