Am a green card holder ,i want to invite my mother to come and take care my kid for me

Asked over 3 years ago - Houston, TX

my name is .simeon gbolahan leave im 14501 empanada dr #1801 houston texas 77083,my number is 8328801162

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . I agree with the above answer. And remember your mother can also apply for an extension of her initial stay.

Please see

2. Daniella Deseta Lyttle

Answered . If you are a U.S. citizen, you can also petition for your mom to become a permanent resident. It may be that if you want child care for more than 3 months, and you want a more stable way for your mom to stay here as long as she wants, pursuing residency for her is not a bad idea. But she has to want to live here, of course.

You can contact me about this at www.lyttlelaw.com

3. Shiva Pal Gill

Answered . Right. She would have to apply for a visa in her home country. You could furnish a support letter but it has to be done there. And as the other responses indicate, she would have to show that she has every reason to return after her visit is over.

4. Ralf D. Wiedemann

Answered . Your mother will have to qualify for a visitor's visa, and show that she intends to return to her home country following her temporary visit to the U.S. In most cases, if she gets a visitor's visa she will be admitted to the U.S. for a 6-month period.