Am a green card holder ,i want to invite my mother to come and take care my kid for me

Asked over 3 years ago - Houston, TX

my name is .simeon gbolahan leave im 14501 empanada dr #1801 houston texas 77083,my number is 8328801162

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the above answer. And remember your mother can also apply for an extension of her initial stay.

    Please see

  2. Daniella Deseta Lyttle

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . If you are a U.S. citizen, you can also petition for your mom to become a permanent resident. It may be that if you want child care for more than 3 months, and you want a more stable way for your mom to stay here as long as she wants, pursuing residency for her is not a bad idea. But she has to want to live here, of course.

    You can contact me about this at

  3. Shiva Pal Gill

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Right. She would have to apply for a visa in her home country. You could furnish a support letter but it has to be done there. And as the other responses indicate, she would have to show that she has every reason to return after her visit is over.

  4. Ralf D. Wiedemann

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Your mother will have to qualify for a visitor's visa, and show that she intends to return to her home country following her temporary visit to the U.S. In most cases, if she gets a visitor's visa she will be admitted to the U.S. for a 6-month period.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,224 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,224 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering