Am 65 i get social security my x gets 500 a month cause i am retired i also have a court order to pay 212 a month

Asked over 2 years ago - Stanton, CA

Can i go to court to get the 212 changed ?

The 212 is for child support

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . How old is your child?!? And your ex-wife? :) The answer to your questions is yes, if your social security income is lower than your income at the time the court ordered child support was made, then you are entitled to modify the child support amount. Good luck.

2. Michael Charles Schwerin

3

Answered . I am sorry but you do not give us enough facts here to help you. Is your only income $500 per month? Is her only source of income $212 per month? If not, how much other income do each of you have? How long was your marriage? How long has the court order been in effect? There are a lot of facts that need to be known. You are probably better off have a face to face consultation with a local family law attorney to discuss this issue.

3. Rebekah Ryan Main

Pro

2

Answered . You can ask a court to change a support order based on a change of circumstances. If your income is lower, or the ex’s is higher, that would likely be a sufficient change upon which to make a modification request.

Best of luck to you.

Attorney Rebekah Ryan Main – visit us on the web at www.Main-Law.com or call 909-891-0906 to set up a consultation.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.