Always received a free service from my dentist, suddenly he wants a fee, but after services were provided. Am i responsible?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

Used to work there. He established the free service once I was going there as a patient. I wasn't informed before the service that this time there was going to be a fee, by either the Dental Hygienist, the Dentist or the secretary. After my dental cleaning I was told the Dentist no longer wants to do free cleanings and there is now a charge for today.

1. Pay it you probably needed it anyway.

2. Not sure why you would expect the services for free. Certainly if services were provided and accepted, one can expect that you would owe payment for those services. You may want to discuss with the dentist, but not sure why you would think that he should not charge you unless there is more to the story.....

3. While it's nice to get freebies, you got a service and if the price is reasonable and comparable to what others are charged, you will probably be required to pay it, so go ahead and pay it and next time ask for a price before getting the service.

4. I suggest you speak with your former boss about this change in policy and advise him that you did not anticipate a fee and would like to work out a payment schedule and see what he says.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. Yes, you are responsible to pay whatever is reasonable.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us