Alternative sentence............

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

i involved in multiple burglaries pc459,,,,,,they have all the evidence,,,,is there any chance to get alternative sentence instead of jail.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Without more facts it is impossible to answer. You should discuss these facts only with your attorney - which you need immediately . Call me if you have any questions .

    Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

  2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . By alternative sentence, I assume you mean work release, home detention/electronic monitoring or community service.
    If the multiple burglaries are of or involve an occupied dwelling as defined in the code, I would say no. A violation of PC 459 involving an occupied residence is mandatory state prison except in unusual circumstances.
    The fact that there a multiple events may cause a judge to oppose such a disposition, if his her approval is required or disapproval honored by the sheriff.
    Based on the small amount of information provided, I can offer nothing else except that you , or the person involved, should immediately see an attorney.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  3. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . It is definitely possible but you may not be able to get it through the court. You may have to apply with LA County Jail. But this depends on many different factors.

    Please feel free to give me a call, I would be glad to discuss this in detail with you.

    Elliot Zarabi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,986 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,986 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering