Alternative addresses for debt on the bankruptcy petition.

New York, NY |

I have noticed that my lawyer listed alternative addresses for creditors as if they were separate creditors, and both of them had the same balances. Is this a correct way of doing things? Should he have listed the alternative addresses with 0 balances, or it doesn't matter? My lawyer seems young and inexperienced and I don't know if he did the right thing.

1. This is a question you should ask your attorney and one that he should readily answer with an explanation. I do not think that this is the appropriate forum to ask other attorneys to second guess your lawyer.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POSTING IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE. THE FURNISHING OF THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP REQUIRES THE FURNISHING, REVIEW, AND SIGNING OF A RETAINER AGREEMENT.

2. Not only was your attorney right but this is an example of a "best practice."