Skip to main content

Already submitted a financial affidavit, can I submit another one that's updated?

Tampa, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

I filed my financial affidavit in my original petition but have some updated expenses, can I file another financial affidavit that's more accurate? Mediation or temporary hearing has not been set yet.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Yes, you can file an amended financial affidavit.

  2. Yes, that's commonly done. You should title it "Amended Financial Affidavit" or, assuming you are filing in Tampa, it has to be called "Wife's (or Husband's or Petitioner's or Respondent's) Financial Affidavit dated September ___, 2012."

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

  3. Yes. You just file a first amended financial affidavit

  4. Yes, in fact the rules say you have an obligation to update discovery such as the financial affidavit throughout the entire time the divorce is pending.

  5. Of course. You may file an Amended Financial Affidavit.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics