Along with H1B : I-129 form , what other documents should an employer submit to USCIS.

Asked over 2 years ago - Pasadena, CA

As an employer running a small LLC company for a approved patent product for which I have planned to sponsor H1B. The product is yet to start as it is in its initial stage and we are waiting for the employee availability. His presence is very mandatory that product setup completely depends on his workability. Please do mention the checklist of papers to be sent to USCIS along with I-129 petition so that the petition gets accepted . This is under Premium Processing.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Rebekah Bell Rodriguez

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . First, I would recommend retaining an attorney. I have handled these cases, and you should know its quite stressful, and would be better for you and the case if you use an experienced attorney. As to the documents to submit, you should read the detailed instructions on the I-129 form.

    It is very common for small companies to get an RFE in their petition. If you have an attorney you can better prepare for and try to prevent this from happening.

  2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . The general checklist can be found on uscis website. However just meeting the minimum does not guarantee h-1b approval. Being a small company your application will be closely scrutinized for, among other things, the financial resources to pay an h-1b salary. Also, you sound like you have not even filled out an LCA. Unless you have money to throw on a failed attempt and would like to risk a denial, I highly recommend you get an attorney to do this.

    Dhenu Savla
    SwagatUSA, LLC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,556 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,556 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering