Allowing a driver with a revoked license to drive my car.

Sacramento, CA |

I was tired and asked my friend to drive my car (none of us had any alcohol that day) and we saw a DUI checkpoint down the road. At that point my friend said he didn't have his license with him so we made a turn on a side street right before the checkpoint. I got out to switch positions with him and I was in the driver seat and then a cop pulls from across the street (completely invisable) and asks for our IDs. Long story short my car got towed and I was charged for allowing a revoked license to drive my car.
-was it right for the cop to pull me over, and since I was in the driver seat when he did how can he charge me with allowing a driver (which I didn't know)
-since the car was towed (elk grove,Ca) it was put on a 30 day hold. As the registered owner can I do anything to get it outearly

1. You should fight it. The charge should be dismissed. Contact a local criminal attorney in your area and review the issues with him.

2. Immediately retain a criminal defense/traffic ticket attorney, who should be able to handle both issues for you.

3. Retain a local criminal defense lawyer to fight it.

4. HIGHLY UNLIKELY. HOWEVER, YOU CAN GO TO COURT AND ASK FOR A HEARING DATE FOR YOUR TICKET OR HIRE AN EXPERIENCE TRAFFIC LAWYER TO GET YOUR CASE DISMISSED. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Traffic tickets topics