Allowing a driver with a revoked license to drive my car.

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

I was tired and asked my friend to drive my car (none of us had any alcohol that day) and we saw a DUI checkpoint down the road. At that point my friend said he didn't have his license with him so we made a turn on a side street right before the checkpoint. I got out to switch positions with him and I was in the driver seat and then a cop pulls from across the street (completely invisable) and asks for our IDs. Long story short my car got towed and I was charged for allowing a revoked license to drive my car.
-was it right for the cop to pull me over, and since I was in the driver seat when he did how can he charge me with allowing a driver (which I didn't know)
-since the car was towed (elk grove,Ca) it was put on a 30 day hold. As the registered owner can I do anything to get it outearly

1. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

6

Answered . Immediately retain a criminal defense/traffic ticket attorney, who should be able to handle both issues for you.

2. Robert Joseph Kaiser

4

Answered . You should fight it. The charge should be dismissed. Contact a local criminal attorney in your area and review the issues with him.

Pro

4

Answered . Retain a local criminal defense lawyer to fight it.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

Answered . HIGHLY UNLIKELY. HOWEVER, YOU CAN GO TO COURT AND ASK FOR A HEARING DATE FOR YOUR TICKET OR HIRE AN EXPERIENCE TRAFFIC LAWYER TO GET YOUR CASE DISMISSED. BEST OF LUCK.