Allegedly ignored stop sign - computer printed ticket illegible.

Kalamazoo, MI |

I did (according to the officer) come to a complete stop. He promptly handed me a computer generated ticket, which I can hardly read. Both the front and back are faded and I can barely make out the statute and other information. Is it worth my time to fight this in court?

If you did not do the crime fight like hell.

If you didn't violate the law, fight the ticket. Your printout may be illegible, but I'm sure the data in the computer will be quite legible.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Whether you did or whether you didn't, get an attorney to help you with this. Attorneys can often reduce or eliminate points on tickets, so it's worth talking with an attorney before doing anything else. Good luck! Frank B. Ford 313-565-9289

The information contained in this answer is intended to convey general information. Nothing contained in this answer is intended as specific legal advice. Although the content is believed to be accurate as to Michigan law, no guarantee is made that it is accurate and up-to-date. This is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets