All i want 4xmas is an attny.who will sue 4me,2 medical facilities where i sustained injuries although not fatal or catastropic.

Asked over 1 year ago - Orange, NJ

4/11- a nurse tripped over my wheelchair while entering my room as i sat in my bed at a sub-acute causing me multiple severe strains,and soft tissue injuries according to the local e.r. i was taken to shortly there afterwards... 5/11- transported by e.m.s. from the sub-acute to another local e.r. for x-rays and while there,given a large dose of morphine failing to notice that i had several fentanal patches on my chest,making me lose consciousness lasting approx.22hrs. i still have pain,numbness and tingling in multiple extremities and nightmares...

Additional information

the e.r.risk management office where i was overdosed offered to buy me dinner as compensation... should i accept?!

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sure, you can search Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool for a lawyer in Orange.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Matthew Louis Solomon


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . It sounds like from your facts that you may possibly have a mal practice case. I would contact a local malpractice / personal injury attorney before you accept any dinner or compensation from the party that you claim injured you.

    Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to... more
  3. Michael Ryan Juarez

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Before accepting the dinner invitation determine if you have a case by retaining an attorney who can investigate the events mentioned. Many attorneys offer free consultations. You can search for an attorney in your area right here on avvo.

    -Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.... more
  4. Michael A Ferrara Jr


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . There is no free lunch. Call Abbott Brown in West Orange and tell him I suggested you call. Good luck.

    Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client... more
  5. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to talk to a local malpractice attorney before getting your free dinner. Look right here at

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  6. Kenneth Lee LaBore


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You very well may have a malpractice case, the question is are your damages sufficient to justify the costs and your time and risks to you for defense costs, etc.

    I would find a local attorney through AVVO for a review of your case

    AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,880 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary