Skip to main content

All all heirs named in a trust and will entitled to copies of those documents?

Bayfield, CO |

My father passed away last week. I have not receive any documents. And some is my siblings are already going through and taking some of his things.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you are a named beneficiary under those documents yes you are entitled to a copy. I however would not expect anything to have happened in just one week. If the estate is not being secured you need to make sure that an estate representative is properly named to secure belongings.

    This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:

  2. Attorney Zelinger provided you with the correct response. Named beneficiaries under a will or trust are entitled to copies of those documents. The estate needs a representative to secure the estate property. You would be well served to consult with a local probate attorney to explore the situation.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

  3. Yes-you are entitled to a copy of the documents as explained.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Probate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics