Alimony payments to my ex

Broussard, LA |

I pay alimony to my ex wife and child support my wife only gets the amount she gets for her spousal support as she claims she is unable to work at all and even got a Dr's report saying she has nerve severe damage probably for the rest of her life due to her breaking her arm 8 yrs ago the judge ruled in her favor not to stop her spousal support she says she cant type scan grocery's at a general store but then she posted on face book that she is tired after WORKING at a UL beer booth all day and this went on for 2 - 3 weeks until she realized what she had done and deleted the thread from face book but I had already printed it off for my lawyer can we use it as either she can work or not she says its not work as she never got paid but work is work to me

1. Your attorney would be more familiar with your judge and his potential reaction to this evidence. I am sure you are mad as can be but I can't guarantee that the judge will give you the relief you are seeking.

This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid consultation with an attorney with expertise in this area.

2. As "better" evidence, you may want to contact your attorney about possibly retrieving records from UL for the volunteers or paid employees during those two or three weeks. But I agree with Mr. Conroy, it will definitely be up to your judge.

Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. Because every case is factually dependent, it is not possible to accurately answer each question posed. If you have sincere legal concerns, it is highly recommended that you seek legal counsel in your area. Any response is not intended to create, nor does it create, a continuing duty to respond.

3. You should really be asking your attorney these questions.

4. I agree with the previous posters. However, the lost of use of an arm from nerve damage is a severe injury. If you strongly believe she is grossly exaggerating her symptoms and disability it would seem that in this day and age where everyone has a camera/video recorder you may be able to build substantial evidence of any exaggeration. Does she grocery shop? Play with the chold/children? Engage in any sports or gym activites? I have had clients that obtained amazing evidence through a little thought and effort. Faking a severe arm injury for a significant period of time would probably take real dedication. You may surprise yourself with the evidence you can obtain these days. Significant evidence may well show 2 things: 1. that she is capable of significant work and 2. that you really believe she is exaggerating by taking the time and effort to show it. Most unbiased physicians will back off disability ratings when shown significant evidence of patient history distortion. Turning her doctor would probably go a long way in convincing the judge to reverse his/her ruling. Consult your attorney.