Skip to main content

Alimony Modification

Pennsauken, NJ |
Filed under: Alimony

How much financial information must be provided when a modification in alimony is requested. A change in circumstance exists. How far back, (number of years), must be provided? What information is needed (tax returns, assets,???)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Each Court has its own procedures for discovery of information necessary for a modification. It depends on what information is relevant to your particular circumstances.

Contact the court where your judgment for dissolution of marriage was entered and request any forms which must be completed for the judge to modify your support.


You need to provide enough information to convince a court that a substantial change in circumstances has occured since the date the alimony was originally set. Tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs and an updated CIS would all be beneficial or required in the case of the CIS.


You MUST provide a copy of the previous Order or Judgment that you are requesting be modified. You must also provide current income information including the most recent tax return(s) (may need more than one year to establish an adjusted income), last 3 pay stubs, and a completed and updated Case Information Statement with attachments. You must also provide the Case Information Statements and financial documents that were utilized when the previous Order so the court can determine if there has, in fact, been a substantial change in circumstances. Good luck in your efforts.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult a lawyer to discuss any legal questions you may have.


At the very least, both new and prior Case Information Statements with all attachments.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer