Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on filing premium processing

Edison, NJ |

My H1b was picked up in the lottery this year. I got an RFE on 4th September and replied it on oct 30. On 9 dec 2013, we filed under premium processing. Now it has moved back to initial review and says " On December 10, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

can anybody what this means ?

Nothing more than what you read there. Just patiently wait, since this is a PP case, within 14 days of the receipt of the RFE by USCIS it will issue either an approval decision, another RFE (more common than what you think) or a denial (rare). Keep in close touch with your employer and especially its immigration lawyer, since it will be them who will be receiving the decision to arrive in the next few days.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

hi giacomo, thank you for ur reply, I just updated my application to premium and it shows the change in Alein number... what are the chances of this being an approval ?

J. David Swaim Jr.

J. David Swaim Jr.

I certainly hope yo did not pay any attorneys feed in addition to the premium processing fee since this was a complete waste of time. I simple phone call to your Senator's office would have resolved this.

they simply upgraded my application to premium processing... which practically gives answers with in 14 days... it has gone back to initial review

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

I cannot predict The chances for approval since I know nothing about your case.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Please don't forget to designate a "Best Answer" to your question.

What did the lawyer who filed the papers say when you asked him/her?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleague. It is just a simple processing step. There is nothing unusual or worrisome about it. At this point, it appears that there is nothing for you to do.

Cella & Associates has practiced exclusively in the area of immigration law for twenty years. However, the answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.