Skip to main content

Aiding and harboring a fugitive with felony charge

Pittsburgh, PA |

Can a mother get charged with aiding and abetting in pa if she helps her son (21 yo) leave the state after a officer comes to her door with a warrant for him for burglary felony 2? There wasn't a hearing yet cause they can't find him. What if she says she doesn't know where he is when they come back looking for him again, but she really does? Can they get her phone records? What about his little brother who is 14? Can he get in trouble if he lies to the police?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Initially,I would advise you not to post detailed information concerning pending criminal matters.Secondly,the mother can be charged if it is determined that she knew of her son's whereabouts or assisted in his absconding.Phone records can be obtained by warrant or subpoena.The brother,being 14,can be charged and if the charges are proven would be adjudicated "delinquent" in Juvenile Court.

    This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.For further information please schedule a consultation with an attorney of your choice in your area or at my offices at the location on my Avvo profile

  2. The mother can absolutely be charged. They will be able to request the phone records. The younger brother will also likely be charged if the police believe that he is also aware of what is going on and is lying.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on. You should consult an attorney who practices in the relevant area of the relevant jurisdiction.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics