Aging out.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

My father applied for an employement-based green card. In the application he listed my mother's name and my name, so we can take the green card with him.
On June 10, 2009 the I-140 was approved.
I was born in January 1988. So on the date of the I-140 approval, I was 21 years and 5 months old.
Now my father recieved a mail from the Department of state, stating that he must pay 405$ to proceed with the I-140, and get an interview at the US embassy in my home country.
The documents include my father's and my mother's names but not my name.
I've read the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), which I guess could help me.
Is there anything you can do, so I can take the green card with my parents, now?
I will pay whatever it takes to get the green card with my parents, now.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Need more information in order to answer your questions. I specialize in CSPA cases. You may want to go t my website and watch the 2 videos about CSPA.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . More information is needed to determine if you qualify and why your name was not included.
    I suggest to retain an experienced immigration attorney to review the file and determine whether you qualify.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Not enough information to determine CSPA eligibility. See link below.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,724 answers this week

2,885 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,724 answers this week

2,885 attorneys answering