Skip to main content

Aggravated sexual assault on a child in Texas

Plano, TX |

How would you go about proving and disproving rape that supposedly happened over 5 years ago where the victim was a minor at a time and decided to come forward? There's is no rape kit, no DNA, no witness. I'd like to know the steps each party take to go about a case like this without concrete evidence.

Thank you for your answers

Attorney Answers 1


If there is no evidence, then it will come down to a he said / she said. Your attorney will most likely attempt to discredit the witness. Waiting so long doesn't look good. Might also try to get into some motive on the part of the "victim" for coming forward now.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics