Agg assault with deadly weapon charges

San Antonio, TX |

if one was arrested on aggravated assault with deadly weapon charges but no weapon was found and the victim says that the defendent did not have a weapon but and eyewitness says the defendent did can the case be beaten

there was no injury to the victim

1. Not necessarily. The prosecutor and police will interview all witneeses. Additionally, they know that victims chnge their testimony if they have a relationship with the victim, such as husband and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend. This a question that needs to be discussed thoroughly with a good criminal defense attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. The complainant is a witness just as the eye witnesses are witnesses. The State can proceed on an aggravated charge with the testimony / evidence given by the non-complainant witnesses, even if there are not injuries.

That said, your lawyer may be able to fight the case on the basis of the complainant's view - depending on the circumstances. (If it is family violence, then the State tends to give much less weight to any claims made by the complainant.)

3. You present an interesting question.
    There are several ways the prosecution may prove its case, one is called by direct evidence (the actual weapon present and entered into evidence) and corroborating evidence (the actual weapon not recovered yet the case witnesses testify to one being used in a commission of the alleged offense). You case seems to fall into the latter category.
    In my practice, I have seen seemingly simple cases get complicated and, conversely, complex issues that were won on a technicality.
    The only way to address the given case is to retain a capable and determined criminal defense attorney in San Antonio, TX who will defend the case by selecting the best strategy that will use all the case facts.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com