Agent may be being lying in email correspondence can I still reasonably rely on or do I have burden of knowing she's not lying?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Can I legally rely on an agent who might be lying to me but there is no way for me to tell or is the burden of proof on me to have known and so I cannot reasonably rely on . Quick facts : Emailed her ( Communications Manager ) asking for approval that trademark titles I'm using are not infringing , she consented , I wanted consent from the Executive Director ( ED ) . When sent to ED got response from her claiming ED forwarded to her to deal with and in passing gave OK to . I don't know if she is making it all up . Can I reasonably rely on this in moving forward even if she is lying as she has burden of proof is on her to be honest and not me to know she's lying . Also , does it not matter at all because she's an agent , Comm . Manager of the small organization so her consent is valid ?

1. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . If you suspect that someone is not being honest with you, then you may want to reconsider doing business with that person.