Aged out Child

Asked over 1 year ago - Smyrna, GA

Son has aged out in the immigration process. My priority date was July 07 - I have my green card. When I apply for a green card for my son as a family member -what will his priority date be? Will he retain the July 07 date or will it be the date he applies now?

1. 2

Best Answer

Answered . In all likelihood, your son will have the new priority date from your petition (the Supreme Court recently upheld the more restrictive holding on priority dates adopted by the government.

Your son may or may not be covered by the CSPA (Child Status Protection Act), or may have other options. Make an appointment for a detailed consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

2. 2

Answered . He will retain his priority date but will move to the category of adult children of permanent residents

3. 2

Answered . The date USCIS receives the I-130.

4. 1

Answered . it will be the date of filing.