Age of consent question, Colorado

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

In Colorado, the law says that it is legal to have sex with a 15 or 16 year old if the person is less than 10 years older than him or her. I am 26, was born in June '86. Would it then be legal for me to have sex with a 16 year old who was born before June '96, or would he or she have to be 17?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Best Answer

Answered . Sit down with a criminal defense attorney to make sure you get this answer correct.

That said, why in heaven's name would you be asking such a question, as the young lady is no older than a sophomore or junior in high school. Don't you think you;re playing with fire?

2. Karl J Geil

2

Answered . In addition to Mr. Deasy's remarks, it is a felony in Colorado to have sex with someone who is under the age of 18 years if you are "in a position of trust" with respect to that person.

3. David Littman

1

Answered . Whether it is legal another question ours whether it it's the right thing to do. Go out and play with someone your own age.