Age of Consent is Massachusetts

Bedminster, NJ |

I am a 31 M who met a 17yo girl while on vacation in Junein MA. We have stayed in contact over the past few months via email. I am going back on vacation next week and am very confused as to the age of consent laws in the state, am i legally allowed to pursue something....seems like everyone says 16, but thought it was 18? please let me know your thoughts.....and MA attorneys, send me your contact info with reply. Thank you. I am from NJ

1. Wait until she turns 18 to be on the safe side.

2. This should be posted in the Massachusetts forum, not the New Jersey forum.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.

3. Consult a MA attorney or wait until she turns 18.

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.