Age of consent, prostitution and criminal penalties

Honolulu, HI |

If the age of consent in Hawaii is 16, are there any additional criminal penalties for paying for sex with a 16 year old besides the state law against prostitution? In other words any enhancement for having consensual sex for money with an 16 year old prostitute vs. a 25 year old prostitute?

I am not licensed in Hawaii, only in California. Having said that it does appear that Hawaii's age of consent is 16. It doesn't appear that there are any limitations to that age of consent. Obviously prostitution is illegal in Hawaii (as your question seems to acknowledge) but I don't think there is an additional penalty for solicitation of prostitution of a 16 or 17 year vs someone 18 and over. I hope a Hawaii attorney provides an answer here. Regardless, do yourself a favor and consult a local attorney in Hawaii and if you are facing potential or current investigation or prosecution do not speak to anyone (least of all law enforcement) about this matter. Good luck.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law