After the I-797 what do I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceville, GA

Visa , ASSN how do I get it after I receive the adjustment status

1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

9

Answered . Your question is unclear; are you asking whether after the I-797 (Approval Notice) for the adjustment application you can apply for a social security card? If you've been approved for adjustment but have not yet received your actual card then wait for the card. Usually they have been taking about 2 weeks to get the card after the approval. This is actually very fast and CIS deserves praise for the speediness of getting people their green cards after approval. Used to be much longer.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

7

Answered . Your I-797 is simply to notify you of the status of your application or petition. Once you receive your actual green card, it can be used to apply for your Social Security Card and a state issued driver’s license. It can also be used to prove employment eligibility in the u.s.
    .

3. Bindi Chintan Parikh

7

Answered . Your question is not clear. Did you receive a notice of action approving your adjustment of status? if so, you don't need to do anything. Just wait for the green card to be mailed.

Our firm offers a free 15 minute consultation.

Bindi Parikh
    Parikh and Prasad Law Group
    bindi@path2immigration.com
    (702) 492-4920

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . Your question is not clear, can you rephrase?