After submitting the DS 230 how long to process the visa and what is the next step?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

im a us citizen and i file the i-130 petition and it has been approved already for petitioning my spouse residing in the philippines. I received also the invoice for aos and visa and settled the amount via online and submitted all the documents together with the aos forms with my income tax and the ds 230 attaching all the documents needed. how long it will process to approved the visa and for me to received a notification from immigration for the medical and interview for my spouse at the embassy. after this what will be the next steps?

1. Wolf W Kaufmann

Answered . It usually takes a couple of weeks for the NVC to process that all. Then they send it to the consulate, where it also usually takes some weeks to get an interview appointment. You can check how long it might take on the consulate's website. Most consulates give general information about waiting times for interview appointments.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.