Skip to main content

After six years of H1b, after leaving the country , can my employer file an extension based on approved I140 ,when I am outside?

Plano, TX |

After six years of H1b and after leaving the country , can my employer file an extension based on an approved I140 ,when I am outside the country?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


That is a very good question. Let me get you a Life-Line into the Immigration Section...

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.



(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


We all wish they could, This is not the law as we speak.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.



Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer