Skip to main content

After serving a subpoena and obtaining the documents requested, what forms will I need to file in court to show the judge?

Montebello, CA |

I now have the bank records from a subpoena I served against my spouse. After discovery in a a divorce court what forms do I need to fill out to submit evidence against my spouse in court in Los Angeles county?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

I am not clear, based on your description, what documents you have received from your spouse, and what these documents can be used to prove. You cannot present documents to the Court, unless there is a purpose to doing so, the documents are relevant and they can be properly authenticated. For example, if you have a motion before the Court, you may be able to present the documents are evidence in support of your motion. Or, the documents may be a part of evidence at your trial. Be sure to consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.



I had served my ex wife with subpoenas for bank records. These documents will be used to prove that she makes 10 times more in income than I do. She is requesting spousal and child support from me.

Robin Mashal

Robin Mashal


(See Disclaimers Above): I understand what you are trying to do. Do you have a court hearing coming up when the judge will be considering the amount of spousal support and child support you must pay? I strongly suggest you retain an attorney to assist you with this matter.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer