After receiving the i 797 c status which means my i 130 is pending how long does it take to approve

Columbus, IN |
Filed under: Immigration

and i also want to know if i can file the 85 dollars for fingerprint together with the form i 485

Depends on if you're eligible to file the I-485 and the filing fee is $1070 in total not just 85 dollars.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations. www.jrandolphlaw.com

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

Oh and they take about 6 months to approve I-130s

The time it takes to approve the I-130 depends on what category of family member you're in. If you're an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, it should be relatively fast. If you're someone who will have to wait for a visa to become available, it will likely take more than a year. If you qualify to adjust status with the I-485, you'll submit a payment with it for $1,070. This includes the $85 biometrics fee.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer.

It is hard to tell these days because there are now delays in processing petitions and applications. Even their case status website now contains a warning about delays. In the past, it used to be between 3 and 6 months. And yes, you can combine the biometric and I-485 fees for a total of $1,070. You could have reduced the time by filing the I-130 and I-485 together in the first place, assuming that the petitioner is a US citizen.

Not everyone can file I 485. Processing times can vary but should be around 5-6 months. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com