After receiving the i 797 c status which means my i 130 is pending how long does it take to approve

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, IN

and i also want to know if i can file the 85 dollars for fingerprint together with the form i 485

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The time it takes to approve the I-130 depends on what category of family member you're in. If you're an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, it should be relatively fast. If you're someone who will have to wait for a visa to become available, it will likely take more than a year. If you qualify to adjust status with the I-485, you'll submit a payment with it for $1,070. This includes the $85 biometrics fee.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more
  2. Justin G. Randolph

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depends on if you're eligible to file the I-485 and the filing fee is $1070 in total not just 85 dollars.

    My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney... more
  3. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is hard to tell these days because there are now delays in processing petitions and applications. Even their case status website now contains a warning about delays. In the past, it used to be between 3 and 6 months. And yes, you can combine the biometric and I-485 fees for a total of $1,070. You could have reduced the time by filing the I-130 and I-485 together in the first place, assuming that the petitioner is a US citizen.

  4. Lalita Haran

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Not everyone can file I 485. Processing times can vary but should be around 5-6 months. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,882 answers this week

3,432 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,882 answers this week

3,432 attorneys answering