After My Divorce, Am I Entitled to Maintenance?

Des Moines, IA |
Filed under: Divorce Alimony

We were married for about 9 years , with no kids , he didn't have a dime on him when we got married ,I had a house and a car,he would work all day and not giving me a dime, I had to work to pay all the bills, groceries even though i was sick ,and i helped him out a lot in everything .. he went to school and earned a degree and has a job . he would leave me alone for months and months without telling me where and what he was doing, I had to file a divorce myself after he left me for a year without saying anything, and didn't even show up in court I am sick and can't even work not to mention he made damages in my house .

If you are already divorce and there was no provision for maintenance, it very likely is too late to get it now. The time to seek maintenance is when you bring the divorce action. To be sure, you should consult wtih a local divorce attorney.

Recommended articles about Divorce