After living almost 20 years illegally in USA could I get the green card by my citizen husband? not criminal record

Asked 11 months ago - Flushing, NY

I want to apply for adjustment of status by my husband citizenship... we have a toddler son... I never have a criminal record or something that made me illegible... what can do? thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . He can sponsor you for a green card. If you entered the US lawfully, you can apply to adjust your status in the US.

2. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

4

Answered . If you did nothing wrong except overstay a visa and nothing else, then your husband can likely file for you. If however you entered the country illegally and did nothing else wrong (like lying to come in to the country) then a provisional waiver may be available to you. Finally, if you entered illegally and perhaps committed some other illegal act then you may have to try and get a general I-601 waiver to fix it. So, as you can see, it’s worth speaking with an immigration attorney to see where you stand.

--

LORIC Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Did you state in your prior posting that you used someone else's green card for entry to the U.S. 20 years ago? That completely changes the above eligibility and I urge you to seek a confidential consultation with an immigration counsel soon.