After L-1A renewal application is submitted, how long can I stay in the US for business purposes?

Ann Arbor, MI |

Would like to continue to tend to business in MN and CA. Original L-1A expires on 3/10/12. Today is 3/6/12. Renewal application will be submitted 3/8/12 via I907 premium processing. Can I stay until a decision is made? Or do I have to leave immediately upon expiration?

It depends. More information is needed. Do you have a copy of all the forms that you filed? Did you request an extension of stay? If not, then you must consular process, which means you will need to leave.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney. Perhaps, all is okay, but there are other issues of concern that you need to be aware of. You need to know what you can do after 3/8/12, among other issues that may create serious complications.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

You can stay until USCIS makes a decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration