After L-1A renewal application is submitted, how long can I stay in the US for business purposes?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ann Arbor, MI

Would like to continue to tend to business in MN and CA. Original L-1A expires on 3/10/12. Today is 3/6/12. Renewal application will be submitted 3/8/12 via I907 premium processing. Can I stay until a decision is made? Or do I have to leave immediately upon expiration?

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

1

Answered . It depends. More information is needed. Do you have a copy of all the forms that you filed? Did you request an extension of stay? If not, then you must consular process, which means you will need to leave.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney. Perhaps, all is okay, but there are other issues of concern that you need to be aware of. You need to know what you can do after 3/8/12, among other issues that may create serious complications.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You can stay until USCIS makes a decision.