After interview CO gave 221 g Green Slip

11357 |
Filed under: Immigration

I had my interview in US Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan on 23rd September 2013. Interview went really good CO asked some questions of which I answered really well. He didnt ask for any other documents. At the end of the interview he said that ur case is look fine to me but we have to do some Administrative Processing which can take upto 2 to 6 weeks and handed me the Green Slip also he didnt write anything on that slip except my case no means no objection. He gave me my original documents back and kept my passport. The question is that its been 4 weeks now and on CEAC website so far my status updated twice any idea how long its going to take as he said 2 to 6 weeks and also any idea about the reason he put on AP?

No one except G-d knows how long it is going to take. Even the consulate officials may not know that. The reasons may very from as simple as discrepancies in names to more complex issued found in the submissions to security considerations.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Thanks for reply. Just want to know one more thing is that i lived in United Kingdom for 5 years so you think this can be the reason for AP? Also today my status date updated so you think its a good sign?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

A best answer vote would be appreciated.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

It might be the reason too since they probably want to know some information related to security issues.

Just to let you know i have already provided them my UK's Police Clearance Certificate

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days. How long it takes could depend on the reasons for administrative processing. If 60 days comes and you still have no answer, I would hire an attorney to start making inquiries for you.

This response is provided for informational purposes. No attorney-client relationship exists unless we have a signed agreement. For more information, please click on my profile to find my phone number and email address.

It will take some time. There is nothing you can do really to speed up things.

Sit tight