Skip to main content

After inquiring on Ask A Lawyer about problems w/in a relationship I have been physically assaulted; police know, what do I do?

Philadelphia, PA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

Pellets have been used by unknown assailents about my personal relationship. Your advice was followed verbatim . I have hired new legal representation from outside online. Without the needed filing fees requested for legal prosecution means to be pursued what can I do now without resorting to any physical means myself?

Attorney Answers 3


If the police find that probable cause exists, they will make an arrest. If the fail to act, you can file a private criminal complaint and ask the District Attorney to prosecute.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If I understand you correctly, you have hired an attorney. If that is the case, you need to speak to him or her as it is unethical for another attorney to give you advice.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


In an emergency, dial 911. Otherwise speak to your attorney.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics