After i turn 18 can my parents call the police and tell them i ran away. and would the police be able to do anything about it

Asked over 2 years ago - Mesquite, TX

my parents say that they can still bring me back and that they can still hold me without my will wouldnt that be kidnapping because am legally an over age person

1. M Elizabeth Gunn

1

1

Answered . Unless there's a whole lot more to that situation than what you've mentioned (I'm assuming a court hasn't given them some unusual powers over you), then no, if you're at least 18 they cannot legally restrain you, prevent you from leaving, bring you back if you've left, or enlist police assistance to do anything other than check to make sure you're okay.