After I-485 APPROVED, what is the next step (is green card interview or stamp passport) based on marriage with US CITIZEN EXP

Baltimore, MD |

l am married with usc and l am waiting for I-485 TO BE APPROVED
SO , what is the next steps after it approved that mean could be interview or green card direct ly or stamp passport ? pls explain to me more
thanking you so much

If I understand correctly you want to know the process for I-485 filing based on your marriage to a USC. If you entered with inspection, you will file I-130/ 485. You will be notified of the interview. At the interview, you will be either informed your petition is approved or put for further review. If approved, the green card will arrive in mail.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

After approval, you would be a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card). The card itself would arrive within 2-4 weeks after you are approved. BEFORE you are approved there will most probably be an interview with you and your wife

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Marriage and prenups topics