After I-130 Approved what's next?

Port Deposit, MD |

Hi Good day am Ralph permanent resident last March 2013 i filed I-130 for my wife and 3 years old daughter who lives in Philippines.., And today i receive an Email, "On September 6, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN". SO i wanna know whats the next step do i need to do are they going to send me a MAIL telling me what do i need to do next? any suggestion i will appreciate it thanks and God Bless :)

You simply wait till the NVC contacts you to pay certain fees.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

It will most likely take a couple of years to get your family in the USA. You are an LPR, not a citizen and so things will happen slower compare to it you were the US citizen. So, depending how long you have been an LPR, you can apply for the US citizenship; once naturalized, contact CIS and let them know that you are a citizen.

It can take a while especially since they are from the Phillippines. You should also hear from the National Visa Center about your next steps.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You will be hearing from the NVC soon. The entire process could take about one year.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

BEST ANSWER THANK YOU!!

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics