After how long will it be appropriate to make an info pass for i485 after interview?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

I am just wondering about making info pass bcz so far it 145 days sinse I filed my aos papers. No decision made at time of interview. Would it be ok if I take lawyer to info pass or my wife and I can go their alone thanks for you time ...

1. You can make an INFOPASS appointment now. No need to drag your wife along, unless she is dying to leave everything and come with you.. USCIS reserves itself up to 90 days after the interview during which to render a decision on a case.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can make an InfoPass appointment now, and go alone.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. It is already appropriate. Do it.

4. There is no problem to make the infopass immediately. I suggest letting your attorney know that you plan to do this as they may have specific suggestions for you on your particular matter. They or your wife can certainly accompany you, but are not required to. You can go alone if you prefer. I suggest also to bring all your documents with you, especially your receipt number and any copies of RFEs or replies from CIS. Good luck.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.