After getting indicted how long do you have before you have to go to court..

Asked 9 months ago - Cordova, TN

I was indicted but I don't see a court date on the JSSI site

1. Patrick Ryan Barnes

6

Answered . Paperwork should have been mailed to your residence telling you that you were indicted and to report to court on a certain day. Call the Criminal Court Clerk's Office in Shelby County to find out for sure if you did not receive any paperwork. You'll also need to retain a lawyer.

2. Ruchee Janardan Patel

6

Answered . If you are indicted while your bond is active, then your court date is usually 30 days from date of indictment. If your case was dismissed at general sessions, a warrant would issue for your arrest. If JSSI shows you have been indicated then it will also show court date. Call the court clerk's office or your GS attorney.

3. Stephen Alan Sauer

6

Answered . I can't help but notice that you posted your question under the topic of "federal crime". If your case is indicted in U.S. District Court, also known as Federal Court, your case won't show on JSSI. JSSI shows state court cases in General Sessions or Criminal Court. It does not show federal court cases. If you were indicted in state court, you would get a letter telling you your court date, division and time. If in Federal Court, you would either be arrested and held for possible detention or a letter would be sent or served upon you telling you your court date. Either way, you need to discuss your case with a defense attorney as soon as possible.

4. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

4

Answered . Within the required time after you are arrested. Suggest that you contact criminal defense attorney ASAP for best course of proceeding in your case. ASAP means yesterday.

5. Stephen F Wallace

2

Answered . Your attorney should help you with this. There will be an arraignment, if not, a first appearance for court appointed counsel/detention.