Skip to main content

After getting convicted of a dui, can you go out of state?

Fort Collins, CO |

I have yet to be convicted but I have court coming up and know I will face a dui charge and I want to go on a small trip with summer, like a weekend? would that even be possible?

Attorney Answers 3


Your conviction will not necessarily preclude you from traveling out of state, but you want to make sure your probation officer knows about the travel.

A DUI defense attorney would really help you here.

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Yes, you just need to obtain permission from your probation officer.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


If you are awaiting trial, you will need permission from the court and sign a waiver of extradition. As my colleagues have indicated, if you have already been convicted, you just need permission from your probation officer. Good luck and have an awesome trip.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics