Skip to main content

After getting approval from B2 to F1 (D/S) that possible to get H1 visa if i will get H1 camp exempted sponsor

Lawrenceville, GA |

I have earned an Master degree from an American University with the help of exchange program in i came here on b2 and converted to F1 and Willing to get H1 work questions are(1)M i eligible to file H1 visa after getting H1 cap exempted sponsor while m on F1(d/s) status
(2) does F1(d/s)status allow to file( COS)for any work visa (M holding American master degree in Clinical research )

Attorney Answers 3


An employer can petition for you, yes. If the petitioner is a cap exempt employer, then yes. If you are inquiring as to whether or not it will be cap exempt because you have a masters degree, that depends on whether or not you are inquiring about fiscal year 2014 or 2015. You can apply for a COS for any work visa that you are eligible for assuming you are in status.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree



If it is a truly cap exempt H-1B , then you could file the change of status from F-1 to H-1B assuming you are not inadmissible.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law

We have 3 offices over the State of California and an international office in the Philippines. We do 100% Immigration Law, have done nearly 5000 cases and can help you. Should you want an in depth consultation, please schedule one at or call 562-495-0554 or e-mail me directly at

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree


You will ask the H1B employer this question or schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney for a tailored legal advice.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics