After being served my divorce papers and the time limit is gone. can i still contest my divorce?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dahlonega, GA

my court date is this monday

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, and you need a lawyer badly! Retain one today and make sure you and he appear at your court date.

2. Anthony M. Zezima

Pro

1

Answered . Under Georgia law, there is no default in a divorce case. Therefore, you may file a Answer and Counterclaim at any time prior to a Final Decree. You need to retain an experienced divorce attorney immediately (today if possible) in order to preserve your rights.

3. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . While it is too late to file an answer prior to your divorce hearing, you can still contest / object to the requests contained within the complaint for divorce. You would do so by appearing in court.

Though you've pushed it to the last minute, you should consider meeting with a Family Law attorney in your area today to ensure you are prepared for presenting your case on Monday.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo